Re: desktop as a separate window (fwd)

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Paul Warren wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Kenneth Christiansen wrote:
>
> > >  - no need to handle expose events on the desktop background
> >
> > >  - will not require a next-generation GNOME window manager;

Sorry, I forgot to point out that the big background window approach
shouldn't require the new spec anyway, should it?  All you do is take a
big window and stick it on the desktop layer.

The only co-operation required with the window manager is what button
clicks (if any) get passed on to the root window.

Paul