Re: Summary of my ideas (Updated)

> > That way, the beginners see only the things they need to see,
> > and the guru's can still have all the options inplace.

> I agree.

	This is an essential part of good GUI design--provide the user
with only what they want to see.  I agree whole-heartedly with the basic
of idea of "default to beginner but allow a 'guru' option".

	The problem with Mac and Windows GUIs is that there's no "guru"
option--they treat *everyone* like an beginner.

	But instead of just "guru", I would suggest three or four options
for level of expertise.  The first level would be beginner, the fourth
level would show things like pathnames, config and "Desktop" files,
important snippets of source code, library names and versions, whatever.

--Derek