Re: A suggestion

Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> writes:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Colin Fox wrote:
> >
> > On a related note - is there any work underway to do a Gnomeified Lyx?
> > The K guys have one, and I think we should have one too. Either that, or
> > do something with GWP to support DocBook.
> >

> KLyX involved forking the LyX project, we would like to avoid that (we
> don't have time to maintain it anyway). The LyX guys have said they were
> working on allowing multiple GUI frontends, I don't know if that ever went

actually, they just released a 1.1.2 release which should implement
the gui independance. (I have not looked at the code but this is what was
planned)
I think that a frontend would be more than wellcome. The result would be much
better than klyx which effectively forked the code before 1.0.x verions were
released.

http://www.lyx.org

> anywhere. Certainly someone who wanted to work on a GNOME frontend would
> be welcome.
>
> Havoc

Mathieu