Re: Testers wanted! gdm 2.0 beta 4 SRPM

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 jgotts@old.tqstats.com wrote:

> I attempted to create an SRPM for gdm 2.0 beta 4 based upon the SRPM of gdm 2.0
> beta 2 in Red Hat 6.1.  It should work for both Red Hat 6.0 and Red Hat 6.1
> (I'm currently using it under 6.0).

Wow, courageous.

> I think I got most things right, but it was a very challenging process since
> Red Hat provides a large number of patches with gdm 2.0 beta 2 and the gdm code
> base has changed quite a bit lately.
>
> I got rid of the bug fix patches that have been merged since 2.0 beta
> 2 and I attempted to port the patches that haven't yet been applied to
> the mainline distribution.  Patch 30 was a big pain and though I
> managed to port most of it, I'm not confident enough with the gdm code
> to finish.  The comment for 30 said it was Red Hat-specific, whatever
> that means, so my temporary solution was to disable it.  (See the SPEC
> file for more information.)

Is that one for handling language selection? I'd be interested in however
far you got in porting it, because someone is going to have to do that
eventually.:-)

Please note that I have a gdm-2.0beta2-14 lying around here, the spec file
for which just fixes the inclusion of documentation in the package. You
may want to fix this in your own package.
-- Elliot
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.