Re: Component on a pixmap.

> > The reason to my question is that I want to let a bonobo component render
> > itself upon some buffer that I can use as a pixmap later ( as a texture
> > actually )...
> > I *believe* that it can be done, but I don't know on what level I have to
> > implement it.
>
> I believe gdk-pixbuf has a function to return you an RGB buffer from a
> pixmap/wiundow.

There is, but it isn't compiled in by default, and can only be used
to load from a Window (not a Pixmap!).

Oh, it is also VERY SLOOOOOOOOOOW.

Does gdkrgb contain complement functions which will unconvert pixmaps
back into RGB data?  Not that I can see ... are there plans for this
somewhere?

This is something imlib does, that we will need if gdkpixbuf is to
replace it :(

 Michael