Re: handling of mime-types
- From: Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com>
- To: Nathan Clegg <nathan islanddata com>
- cc: GNOME Mailing List <gnome-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: handling of mime-types
- Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 16:26:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 6 May 1999, Nathan Clegg wrote:
> Thanks for all of the responses on this subject. Very helpful. However,
> new question;
> Why just extensions? The 'file' program has a great magic library that
> the mime-info handler could be using in absence of a filename extension.
> Why not make use of it and pull us ahead of Windows technology??
The capability is already there. Feel free to finish assigning MIME types
in gnome-libs/gnome-data/mime-magic - I got bored and gave up doing it
about half way through.
"We're sorry, we didn't know it was supposed to be invisible."
- Sign carried outside US embassy.
] [Thread Prev