Re: Canvas item proximity event?

>  I want to be able to receive events when the mouse cursor get close to a
>  canvas item, not just right over it. I can think of three solutions:
>
>  1. use some kind of built-in mechanism for this.

The canvas supports the use of a threshold value to determine if the
mouse is "in" an item or not.

This is controlled by the close_enough value in the GnomeCanvas
structure, which is specified in pixels.  Right now there is no API
to set this value, though, so you'll have to poke it by hand.

  Federico