Re: minor gnumeric config problem

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Either gnumeric or ORBit (I'm not looking closely right now) assumes
> > that the user has "indent" installed on her system.
>
> This is from orbit-idl.  I thought they had added a flag to ignore
> this, but it might be a configure-detected flag.
>
> > I would interpret the GNU coding standards as saying that an end user
> > should only have a Bourne shell, a "make" program, and a C compiler.

Irregardless of whatever the GNU coding standards say, programmers do need
to read the output of programming tools, and I am not going to reimplement
indent inside orbit-idl. If you are violently opposed to the use of
indent, then recompile your ORBit, and it will fall back to using /bin/cat
(assuming a requirement of /bin/cat does not violate the beloved GNU
coding standards).

BTW, the ORBit in CVS should be friendlier to non-GNU indents now. I also
added 'Requires: indent' to the ORBit-devel package so people will not be
tripped up if they take that route in the future.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg