Re: ignore(SIGPIPE) in gsm

> I implemented short patch to remove SIG_IGN handler from SIGPIPE before
> exec. But there is also the same problem with panel, and it looks like
> source of it is Orbit. I am going to join Orbit list, and lurk a bit
> about CORBA, orbs, etc.

You are right.  ORBit is a source of broken SIGPIPE behaviour.

For now, a simple restoration of the SIGPIPE handler to a sane default
before executing would do it.

But in the long term, ORBit should be modified to not set SIGPIPE to
that value.  It should either provide a handler or should detect
*properly* when a connection dies.

Miguel.