XML-based projects?

Hi.

Is anyone working on, or intend to be working on, any XML-based projects?

I haven't seen any development info for wysiwyg text editors for Gnome (and
I don't know anything about the interoperability of Wordperfect with the
gnome environment). Judging from the strong backing that XML has recently
received from the industry, I think there needs to exist a useful
(Word-like?) wysiswyg editor for linux to gain a wider acceptance in the
consumer market (which is probably important to redhat).

Basically, I have no idea where to start, but I'm very interested in helping
development in this area. So, if there's anyone interested in assistance for
development of wysiwyg editors, let me know.

This is the first time I'm sending mail to either of these lists. If I'm
posting to the wrong list, please let me know I'm doing so, and I apologize.

Thanks

A.D.