Panel crashing!

Hi all,
After begining usings dirs in the right button menu of my
panel applet, the panel is very, very unstable. If I remove
the code that creates the menu all will be right. As more
items I put in submenus, the sooner the panel (and the applet ;))
will crash.
This was happening with gnome-core-1.0.6 and gnome-libs 1.0.10
and is al happening with gnome-core-1.0.7 and gnome-libs 1.0.11
What's wrong? is a panel bug or I'm doing something wrong?
Here is the code:
applet_widget_register_stock_callback_dir(APPLET_WIDGET(applet),
"actions/",
GNOME_STOCK_MENU_EXEC,
_("Actions"));
applet_widget_register_stock_callback(APPLET_WIDGET(applet),
"actions/new_url",
GNOME_STOCK_MENU_NEW,
_("New URL..."),
button_down_click,
applet);
As many items in the submenu more quickly will crash. Even the main
menu will not work ...
I also register the same callback many times to update the text
and the icon in the menuitem (I don't know if this is the ritgh way),
but leaving this code alone doesn't seem to be the problem.
Thanks for any input,
Manuel
Clos.