Re: [OFFTOPIC] New RH6.0 XFree86 RPM w/new nVidia patches

Damien Miller said once upon a time (Fri, 4 Jun 1999):

> On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Dax Kelson wrote:
>
> > What I have done, is taken the stock RedHat 6.0 XFree86-3.3.3.1 SRPM and
> > added the brand new nVidia XFree86 patch to create a new updated RPM (and
> > SRPM).
>
> Did you add Nvidia's hardware accelerated OpenGL as well?
>
> If not, I have a RPM which contains the above plus the accelerated
> OpenGL library and GLX module. Unfortunatly I cannot distribute
> it becuase I do not have enough bandwidth :(
>
> If you want the spec file and patches I can email them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that Nvidia's hardware
accelerated OpenGL should be part of the SVGA RPM.  Wouldn't this cause
problems for those want to use Mesa, but don't have a TNT card (or have
G200 or Voodoo accelerated Mesa)?

I could go for a seperate RPM, but not in the same RPM.

Dax Kelson