RE: panel widget as library?
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: "Fox, Kevin M" <KMFox mail bhi-erc com>
- cc: "'sopwith redhat com'" <sopwith redhat com>, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: RE: panel widget as library?
- Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:04:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> For example, libraries were chosen in the gconf project rather then corba
> objects for speed reasons. Are their reasons unfounded?
GConf only uses ORBit, so we already get the shared lib stuff. However
gmodule still has a slightly smaller overhead. The main reason, though, is
just simplicity; using CORBA here would complicate things, and the
interface is private and not meant to interoperate with anything other
than GConf itself, and has no need to work over a network. So CORBA buys
nothing but more typing.
] [Thread Prev