RE: panel widget as library?

Active desktop is not used because it is dog slow, and addons are microsoft
propriatary. With a bonobo desktop, any bonobo object can be used. I also
hope that bonobo will be fast. :)

Is there any plans to make a shared memory standard inter orb protocol? It
would speed corba up to the point where it can be much more usefull.