RE: Desktop::Editor

Hi,

I'm definitely not an authority on what should/should not be included in the
interface.

Perhaps you could explain to be what bonobo is, how it is related to the
editor interface and why you want to use the Persist* interfaces.

Any kind of get_text routines should be able to:
- grab the entire buffer i.e. get_all
- grab subsections of the buffer i.e. get_text(start,end)
- grab convenient portions of the buffer i.e. get_line(pos),
get_lines(start,end), get_word(pos), etc.

I don't know how position referencing should be done.  A simple character
index is easy to implement, but sometimes hard to work with.  Something like
Tk's Text widget referencing may be useful.  Or maybe a combination of both.

If you want to do scripting, you're going to need some kind of events
generated from the editor when keys are pressed.

Cheers,
Chris