Problem with GnomeAnimator/Pixmap.

Hi,

I'm trying to use the GnomeAnimator widget. I add frames to the widget by
creating GnomePixmaps of some #include'd xpm files.

The XPMs were saved in Gimp with a transparent background.
However, when I come to play the animation in my application, instead of
having a transparent background, the animation has a black background, which
is very unsightly once packed into a container widget.

And now to my question: Is there any way to actually make the animation have
a transparent background, (examples will be gratefully received) or should I
give up on the gnome animator widget altogether?

Regards,

--
Lee.
http://atlas.cs.york.ac.uk/~lrpm100/