Re: Documentation and Reviews.

Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> writes:

> On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Cody A. Russell wrote:
>
> > What do you think of also starting to make man pages on GTK+ and
> > GNOME? I was thinking about this the other day and I thought it would
> > be a very useful tool for everyone.
>
> Think of it like this - we're making "man pages", just not in the
> antiquated troff format.

It should be pointed out that the translation from docbook to manpages
formatted in roff has been done before, the gtk-doc output is
organized into refsection's which translate pretty directly into
manpages, and in fact, the gtk-doc distribution includes a
gtkdoc-mkman script.

The latter isn't quite working, but if someone is interested
in getting manpages for GTK+ and/or GNOME I would recommended
for them to work on this script.

Writing _separate_ man pages is just not something I think
anybody would want to do...

                                        Owen