Re: Directory remove from CVS request

On 27 Dec 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Bruno Pires Marinho <bapm@camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt> writes:
> > [...]
> > cvs server: Updating imap/tools
> > cvs update: in directory intl:
> > cvs update: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
> > cvs server: Updating intl
> > cvs server: Updating libbalsa
> > [...]
> >

> This problem is caused by an autogen.sh that creates intl, while also
> checking in intl; then whenever you run autogen.sh it deletes the
> checked-out intl so that intl no longer has CVS/Entries.

I removed the intl from balsa when it was checkedout (CVSROOT/modules) and
set autogen.sh to create the intl dir. But someone one accidently added
intl dir to balsa and it is empty just look at:
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/rview.cgi?cvsroot=/cvs/gnome&dir=balsa/intl&rev=

> The correct thing is to _not_ have intl in CVS, and always create it
> with autogen.sh. When you're getting this error, I find that
> editing balsa/CVS/Entries and removing the line containing "intl"
> makes it go away.

I checkout using 'cvs -z3 co -P' and update using 'cvs -z3 update -Pd'.

This is ugly but in my home I solve this by doing 'rmdir
/cvs/gnome/balsa/intl' but I'm the only user of my CVS tree... but that is
not possible in this case or is it?

                                               Bruno Pires Marinho
                                      http://camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~bapm/