Re: puzzling Gnome-ERROR

eeyem@u.washington.edu writes:
> Either way, Havoc's code works around the problem, I guess.

Only by amazing coincidence. What kind of crack-rock mkdir()
implementation contains "return 1"?

> My conclusion: threads and GNOME are a lot of trouble.  I'll be using fork()
> in all future projects.

GNOME isn't thread safe but shouldn't stop you from using threads
outside the GUI. The GNOME 2.0 file manager will be using threads. So
if you have thread problems they are genuine bugs (though if you don't
want to be the bug-finder I understand). :-)

In this particular case I think you've discovered that libc5 sucks
though... a well-known fact.

Havoc