Re: Gnomifying Tk

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Girard Milmeister wrote:

> In the trend of gnomifying the whole Linux desktop, are there
> attempts to do this to Tk. I mean replacing the look and feel
> of Tk applications with gtk, including themes, i.e. no separate
> widget set. I guess it would be difficult to adapt Gtk's signal
> model with Tk's model.

I'd very much also like to see that done as well.  I think it is a case of
just rewriting the machine specific section of Tk - it is already well
separated into a generic and machine specific build.
(Although since Gtk itself is portable we get into the problem of whether
you actually needs Unix and Windows builds of the Gtk version...)

Dave

| Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Work:dg@px.uk.com +44-161-286-2000 Ex258|
| Home: dave@treblig.org   http://www.treblig.clara.net            |