Re: MIME

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Chris Jones wrote:

> Hi
>
> James Henstridge <james@daa.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > As for using C++ libraries from C programs, one way is to compile your C
> > program with a C++ compiler.
>
> Presumably this means I'll be able to create instances of objects and call
> their methods? If so, that sounds like a good solution.

This solution is basically saying `use C++ instead of C'.  Since C++ is a
superset (more or less) of C, you can just code straight C, and only use
the extensions needed to access the library.

> > The other way is to write a wrapper for the
> > entry points you are going to use.
>
> Don't suppose you have (or know of) any example code that does this?

The Qt C bindings probably do something like this.  I haven't tested them,
so can't say for certain though.

> Thanks for the info,
>
> Chris Jones

James.