Re: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file_at_size?

--- Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> wrote:

> Owen just did some nice scaling stuff that will be
> going in to
> libart/gdk-pixbuf.

Just a quick question.

At the moment Imlib provides an API for scaling images
whilst setting a border for the image that doesn't get
scaled.

Seeing as GdkPixbuf is going to replace Imlib will
similar functionality be included in GdkPixbuf or will
we still need to design our own scaling functions to
get the same effect ??

It just seems to me that it might be sensible to
include a few arbitrary functions into GdkPixbuf to do
stuff that is quite common such as rotating/flipping/
scaling with a border. Nothing really fancy, but a few
basics that Imlib provides at the moment. I know
people are pressing for a freeze on the GdkPixbuf API
but it seems to make sense, at least to me :)

This might well remove the need to provide a 'full'
Imlib compatability layer whilst still making things
relatively easy for developers.