Re: Milestones document

George wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 01:09:24PM +1030, NotZed wrote:
> > On that note, writing prefs dialogues and config saving sux bigtime -
> > so much bloat for so little functionality, but anyway.
>
> I was thinnking about a sort of preprocessor to create all the properties
> code from a description of the peroperties themselves.  One of these days I
> may actually write it :)
>
> George

While this may appear a good idea from the standpoint of "it is easy to
code", it is a horrible idea from a UI standpoint, because the UI is not
being touched by the author of the application, and this makes small
tweaks to improve the UI impossible, because it is being autogenerated.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill