Re: Antialiased canvas
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico redhat com>
- To: ALIABDIN aucegypt edu
- CC: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Antialiased canvas
- Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 11:40:28 -0500
> I recently started working on a program that uses a Canvas :) I chose
> 'Antialiased canvas' because of the better quality. Unfortunately,
> libgnomeui spits out a message saying that it is buggy. My question:
> 1. Is the antialiased canvas really still buggy?
> 2. If yes, what makes it buggy? Should we just not use antialiased mode?
Several things make it buggy:
1. Not all items follow the correct update/redraw model.
2. A few parts of the canvas core don't, either.
3. Libart still has rendering issues.
(1) and (2) are being addressed by me. (3) is being addressed by Raph Levien.
] [Thread Prev