Re: Simplifying package installation.

On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 07:05:22PM -0500, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > And if someone solves the 'personal rpm' problem then that'll work without
> > passwords too
> Yes, a personal system for installing packages would be good, but then
> again, rpm is only available on some systems.

What is perhaps needed is a standard interface to whatever the underlying
package system is. RPM, deb, tgz archives, whatever. Whether this is
actually feasible or not, I don't know ...

James

  James Aylett                                           www.zap.uk.eu.org
  james@tartarus.org                                    www.footlights.org