alien, packaging, etc. Re: Simplifying package installation.

Krishna,

This is pretty much the goal of the Loci Project, although the components would not be so low-level:

    http://theopenlab.uml.edu/loci/

At the moment we are planning on using RPM for component installation/registration.  So this discussion and your ideas are very relevant to Loci.

And since Loci will be be THOROUGHLY a gnome-based project, making extensive use of its libraries, I openly invite gnome developers to join and/or make suggestions.

Cheers.
Jeff