Re:Looking for help with automake/autoconf for Gnome game

>Is there a template somewhere for setting up automake / autoconf setup
>for a Gnome package?  I have played around with a number of things,
>but I am still at a loss about where automake gets GNOME_LIBDIR and
>INTLLIBS from.
Have a look at gnome-standalone. It is just a matter of copying the directory tree and editing the configure.in and Makefile.am files included on it. I've done this for some new projects and it works right away (well, you must replace the /macros subdirectory with the latest CVS macros).

Cheers