Re: GNOME Clipboard
- From: Michael Robinson <robinson netrinsics com>
- To: miguel nuclecu unam mx, rmoya mail fujitsu es
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME Clipboard
- Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:01:03 +0800 (CST)
Miguel de Icaza <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> I was thinking on starting coding a small GNOME Clipboard
>> utility. Is there somebody working on this? Is there something coded
>> in GNOME CVS to access the X clipboard?
>What would the GNOME clipboard program do?
I assume he's referring to the "show clipboard" feature that's been a standard
part of MacOS since 1983, or so.
If you have the ability to cut, copy and paste arbitrary document objects,
it's nice to be able to directly view and manipulate whatever's sitting in
the clipboard, using the methods native to that document object.
Later versions have included a history mechanism (a clipboard stack, so to
speak) which is very useful for heavy-duty document authoring tasks.
] [Thread Prev