Re: pixmap dimensions

You can use the folowing code to get the desired size of any widget:
  GtkRequisition requisition;
  gtk_widget_size_request(GTK_WIDGET(pixmap), &requisition);
  g_message("Size is %hdx%hd", requisition.width, requisition.height);

For the pixmap widget, this should give the width and height.  To get the
ammount of space allocated to the widget, use widget->allocation.width and
widget->allocation.height after packing the widget (this usually requires
the widget's toplevel to be displayed).

James Henstridge.