Deleting an Item [SHADE] from a Menu from the Panel Menu

Title: Deleting an Item [SHADE] from a Menu from the Panel Menu

I am currently working at Kennedy Space Center on Shuttle upgrades and
we plan to use GNOME as our Desktop on top of Solaris OS; however, we are learning its capabilities.
We need to know now to disable certain features for the Shuttle Operations guys,
one of these features is the SHADE feature under the Panel Menu.
The GNOME 2.0 Solaris System Admin Guide indicates how to edit/delete
menu items from an menu; however, it does not work for menu items originating
from the panel; e.g. the SHADE menu item since selecting the right-mouse
button brings up another set of commands.
Being a new user to your web-site,  it was recommended that I post to this forum,
please let me know otherwise.

thanks, Jack Raucci