Design of a simple Debugger

Hi,

	I am M Sarath Kumar doing my M Tech from IIT Kanpur, India. I need
to design a simple debugger for linux/sparc environment as part of my
thesis work. I request you all to give me your valuable guidance in this
regard.

I wish to get information on the following:

1. Architecture of a debugger.
2. Any books or literature on this.
3. More information on Ptrace system call, I am not able to get the
complete information on this, other than the Man pages.
4. Any good book on linux kernel internals, which explains ptrace system
call.

	Thanking you,

				Waiting for your valuable suggestions
				sarath kumar M.