Verwaistes Synaptic

Hallo,

leider kann ich aus zeitlichen Gründen nicht mehr die deutsche
Übersetzung für Synaptic pflegen. Ich würde mich freuen, wenn ich sie in
gute Hände abgeben könnte - zumal auch bald eine neue Release ansteht.

Das SVN repository ist über folgende URL zu erreichen:

https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic/trunk/po

Grüße,

Sebastian
--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

I uploaded a new pre-release (pre2) for the new 0.56 version to
http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/synaptic-0.56pre2.tar.gz

It needs gtk2.4 (or greater) and libglade2.4.1 to work.

I added a "History" that shows the installation/removal histroy (for
synaptic itself), the error dialog is improved somewhat. And there are
two new configure switches:

"--with-apt-authentication" will enable support for the new
authentication format of apt (apt-0.6 AKA apt-secure). This is a
feature supported by the apt in ubuntu linux but not (yet) in debian.

"--with-nice-dpkg-status" is a status-bar frontend that hides the
output of dpkg. It needs a patched dpkg and a patched apt. It works
pretty well, but it will hang if a pkg is waiting for input from a
maintainer script with "read". If someone has a cool idea how to
detect those read attempts from the terminal, I would be very happy :)
Debconf questions are handled fine as long as the gnome-debconf
frontend is installed. Both needed patches are send upstream and I
think we'll see them included eventually.

Threre are probably more things that I forgot for now :)

Please test this version (rpm reports are very welcome too) and tell
me if it works for you.

thanks,
 Michael