Begin forwarded message:

Date: 23 Mar 2003 14:54:55 +0100
From: Christian Rose <menthos gnome org>
To: olau hardworking dk, Christian Meyer <chrisime gnome org>,
simos74 gmx net, sebol ikhlas com, Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas gnome org>,
happyguy_pt hotmail com, mandreiana yahoo com,
visnovsky nenya ms mff cuni cz, gpoo ubiobio cl, Fatih Demir
<kabalak gtranslator org>
Subject: Unifying language component names in Bugzilla

Hi! Whenever I've recently added new language component names in
Bugzilla in the l10n product
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=l10n) I've
tried to make them of the form "Language [code]". There are however some
other components that are named differently (only named "Language")
since they were added early.

I think the "Language [code]" format in the component names is
beneficial for several reasons:
* It let's users that are only familiar with the language name (not the
code) very quickly find the suitable product to enter the bug report in
about a bug in a particular translation.
* It let's other developers that are not familiar with the language name
(only the code) quickly find the suitable product to enter the bug
report in about a bug in a particular po file.

In order to have all entries in the "Language [code]" format, I've now
changed the component names for the components that didn't use this
format. Those were "Danish", "German", "Greek", "Malay", "Norwegian
(bokmal)", "Portuguese from Portugal", "Romanian", "Slovak", "Spanish",
"Turkish". I hope this change is ok with you (please tell me if it
isn't), and that I didn't break to many things in doing this.

Christian