[gnome-db] gda_value_new_from string()

Hello,

Trying to get my applications to work with libgda CVS HEAD. Question regarding function gda_value_new_from string(). I have a line like this in my code:

values = g_list_append(values, gda_value_new_from_string(dataValue, gda_column_get_gda_type(fa)));

This transforms a string to a GdaValue using the correct type.

Compiled with libgda  CVS HEAD, this is failing now in most instances. Looking into gda_value_new_from_string(), it mostly fails the condition:

if (g_value_type_transformable(G_TYPE_STRING, type))

If my type is G_TYPE_STRING, all works OK, but if my type is G_TYPE_INT for instance, this test fails.

How can I get this to work again? How can I get a string (=char*) converted to a GValue of G_TYPE_INT?

Thanks,
Bas.