Re: [gnome-db] What's the road of libgda/libgnomedb?

2006/3/14, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>:
On 3/14/06, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:

> I know about Vivien is modifing the libgda API, and may be the arquithecture
> of the library, but what is happend? what is the road? what is the areas to
> work on? when it'll be finished?
>
>  Is realy a 1.9.x series?, may be is better to down the number of version,
> becouse the modifications may require a lot of test and understand, and then
> goes to a Beta series (1.9.x).

I've commited some changes I've had in the old libmergeant library:
that whole library has been merged into libgda (the non GUI parts) and
libgnomedb (for the GUI parts). I believe that libgda and libgnomedb
do now have a quite sane design and I don't envision any major change
for a long time. I'm currently working on making those libraries more
stable (though they already  are quite stable) and adding afew minor
features.

I planned to make a new version this WE but I did not have the time,
so I hope to do it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience...

the changes is the steps showed in the live.gnome.org/GnomeDb Wiki? If it, if you want, I can remove that entries in that Wiki.

>  May be is a good idea to have a Wiki, where any can knows the road of the
> library.

Yes, that would definitely be a good tool to have...

I found it in live.gnome.org/GnomeDb, but may be the gnome-db.org web site needs a link to it.

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los cuates: LIBRE)