Re: [gnome-db] What happened to gda_data_model_begin/cancel/commit?

2006/1/25, Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com>:
>  Hello,
>
>  Trying to compile my applications to cvs HEAD of libgda. What has happened
> to the following functions?
>
>  gda_data_model_begin_update
>  gda_data_model_cancel_update
>  gda_data_model_commit_update
>
>  It disappeared with Vivien's changes on 11 Jan, 2006.
>
>  What are the equivalents/new names in the latest release? I can't find
> anything with similar names.

I simply removed them for the following reasons:
- most of the time it did nothing (I mean for the different
implementations) or nothing consistant
- as this API is related to transactions, it's better to explicitely
start, commit or rollback a transaction on the connection
- it could not apply to all the possible data models (for example what
did it mean for the GdaDataModelHash?)
- as a replacement I've added a new gda_data_model_send_hint()
function (will be in CVS tonight), which the model can choose to treat
or ignore, to tell when a lot (batch) of changes are about to start
and about to end.

If you want a spanshot, I can send a copy of my current workspace.

Cheers,