[gnome-db] Data Types translations.

Hi Vivien,

Still struggling with the gda_type to provider data type issue....

There is this new function:

const gchar* gda_server_provider_get_default_dbms_type
                                            (GdaServerProvider *provider,
                                             GdaConnection *cnc,
                                             GType gda_type);

Just looked into it, but for mysql and postgresql it is useless, since it always returns NULL. For the mysql provider there is a file called "utils.c". In there is a function called gda_mysql_type_from_gda(). This is basically the translation table where I want to have access to. There is a also a utils.c for postgres, but appears to be setup differently, but assumes it works similar. How would this all come together?

I just want to be able to put in a G_TYPE_STRING as an argument in some function and get a provider dependent value back like "varchar" for mysql so I can use this in the new method of building a table.

Please advise,

Bas.