Re: [gnome-db] Create Index SEQUENCE.

On 8/29/06, Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com> wrote:

 Hi Vivien,

 Can you please give me an example in what kind of format I have to put the
fields in case of SEQUENCE when creating an index? Is it a space separated
list? Comma separated? Something else?

 >From your Table no 6:

 /INDEX_FIELDS_S SEQUENCE Yes List of fields on which the index is applied
(min: 1 item)

In that context a sequence is a collection of instances of some data
grouped together. In the case of the "/INDEX_FIELDS_S" sequence, it
contains at least one string parameter named "INDEX_FIELD" but
depending on the provider, it can contain more like ordering, etc. So
in this case the sequence can contain 1 or more groups of data
composed of a string parameter and maybe other information.

The path to access the "INDEX_FIELD" in the sequence is in the form:
"/INDEX_FIELDS_S/<n>/INDEX_FIELD" where <n> is the nth group of data.
To be more specific for example if your index is on 2 fields, you'd
have
"/INDEX_FIELDS_S/0/INDEX_FIELD" and "/INDEX_FIELDS_S/1/INDEX_FIELD"
which you can put in your XML string to fill values in the
GdaServerOperation.

Tell me if this explanation is not clear enough...

Cheers,