Re: [gnome-db] gda_connection_create_table() equivalent.

On 8/28/06, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> wrote:

it would be nice to have in the API convenience functions that do all
this work for common operations, like creating a table. How do you see
it?

I simply don't think it possible to have such an API which is useable.
For example think of all the parameters and the differences between
each provider to create a table. The API would simply horrible an
unuseable. The current API really is like

- params = provider_get_parameters_required_to_do_my_operation()
- fill in these parameters
- provider_execute_operation (params).

I cant' find anything easier to use; I admit that the 2nd part is a
bit difficult at the moment but it can be improved after a 2.0 has
been released.

Cheers,