Re: [gnome-db] Fwd: GNOME-DB Provider Debs for Ubuntu Linux 6.06 LTS

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 20:12 -0700, Daniel Morgan wrote:
I guess this didn't make it earlier.

Daniel Morgan <sqldan2000 yahoo com> wrote:
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 15:44:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Daniel Morgan <sqldan2000 yahoo com>
Subject: GNOME-DB Provider Debs for Ubuntu Linux 6.06 LTS
To: gnome-db-list gnome org

Is there debs for Ubuntu Linux 6.06 LTS?

I have Mergeant, libgnomedb, and libgda installed, but only one provider shows up in Mergeant -- the XML provider.  I would like to use other databases, such as, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Firebird, and Sybase.

I installed Gnome-db via Synaptic Package Manager that comes with Ubuntu.  Here are the actual packages available:

libgda2-3
libgda2-3-dbg
libgda2-doc
libgda2-ruby

libgnomedb2-4
libgnomedb2-4-dbg
libgnomedb2-common
libgnomedb2-dev
libgnomedb2-doc

mergeant
mergeant-doc

Hi Daniel

Have a look in the universe repository of ubuntu there you will find entries like

gda2-postgres_1.2.2-1ubuntu2_i386.deb
gda2-mysql_1.2.2-1ubuntu2_i386.deb
etc etc for the various databases.

Keep in mind that the stable 1.2.2 release is a bit old and does not have many of the features present in the latest development release/CVS.

Hope this helps.

Bas.