Re: [gnome-db] writing of .libgda/config

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 13:14 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 17:59 +0800, Alan Knowles wrote:
> > I just started live testing of my extension, and realized that
> > config_set_string() all call write_config_file(). For the purposes of
> > the PHP extension, it will end up writing warnings as apache is  not
> > generally configured to write to it's home directory.
> >
> > As far as I understand, there is no reason for save_data_source() to
> > actually write data (in the webserver case), as the config can be easily
> > handled at the PHP end. - the trick is how to turn off writing
> >
> > a) set a flag that write_config_file() checks
> > b) have another method setDataSource() - that doesnt actually save, it
> > just stores the datasource.. - trouble is the write_calls are part of
> > the config_set_string() methods..
> >
> why do you set configuration entries if you don't want to write? What
> are you trying to save?

Is there any other way to configure the database connection properties,
without saving it then?

The end user needs to set up their database connection information etc.
then later on, actually do the database calls. The previous assumption
has been that they could be stored in memory, and that would be free'd
at php's shutdown time.

Regards
Alan

--