Re: [gnome-db] Error compiling libgda 1.3.4 on RHES 4.1

On 7/28/05, Chandana De Silva <chandana desilva id au> wrote:
> Hi Vivien,
> Thanks for the prompt reply. I looked at gamin.pc, and think I can spot
> the problem. Do you think it is ok to edit this file ?. If so, what
> should the Libs and Cflags lines look like ?
> Thanks
> Chandana
> <snip>
> # cat /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gamin.pc
> prefix=/usr
> exec_prefix=/usr
> libdir=/usr/lib
> includedir=/usr/include
>
> Name: gamin
> Version: 0.0.17
> Requires: glib-2.0 gthread-2.0
> Libs: -L${libdir} -lgamin- MAJOR_VERSION@
> Cflags: -I${includedir}/gamin/@MAJOR_VERSION@
> </snip>

I think it's safe to edit that file (this is probably a packaging
problem) as long as you make sure the description you make is OK. If I
compare to my local copy (which is version 0.0.25, the @MAJOR_VERSION@
is simply 1. In any case, make sure the directory mentionned in the
Cflags flag does contain the fam.h file (which is the one included in
libgda's sources).

Cheers,