Re: [gnome-db] How to get changes into 1.2 version/branch.

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 09:59 +1000, Bas Driessen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I understand that you will split up the versions in 1.2 and 2.0 (or
> something similar). Since it probably will take a while for that new
> 2.0 version to become a release, I would like to have the Postgres
> changes I have made in the last couple of days in the 1.2 branch
> (assuming that there will be a 1.2.1 release at some point) and of
> course in version after that. Do I need to provide new patches for
> that? If so, what do I need to do? Retrieve a 1.2 branch from cvs and
> apply it against that? How do I retrieve this 1.2 branch in that case
> using which cvs command? Please advise.

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:user server:/cvs/gnome co -r release-1-2-branch
libgda libgnomedb

if you want to download the code to a different directory than
libgda/libgnomedb:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:user server:/cvs/gnome co -r release-1-2-branch -d
libgda-1.2 libgda

that will get the sources from the branch in a libgda-1.2 directory

> The pending patches (= send to your list, but not committed or
> commented on) are :
>
> implementation of the non-existing Postgres remove_row method (patch
> pre-gda_data_model overhaul) (mail 8/1/2005)
> changes to the not working Postgres update_row method (patch
> post-gda_data_model overhaul) (mail 11/1/2005)
>
> I realize everybody is extremely busy, but would appreciate a response
> on the status of these. Again, let me know if you require new patches
> and against which source tree.

yes, sorry, it's my fault, really out of time lately. I will go over the
patches as soon as possible,.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>