Re: [gnome-db] Some bugs to libgda and libgnomedb (1.2)

Please, excuseme if my poor knowleage... but in the
case of I'm working in the libgnomedb 1.2  branch and
find a bug and can have a patch, can I do the next:

- Modify/Test the code in the 1.2 release
- use diff to have a patch against CVS HEAD
- send the patch to the mailing list

Thus is becouse the modifications done by Vivien is a
great fordward step, but the the next version (2.0)
will be incompatible with the current; and I need to
change my app's to use the lastest changes (if the
HEAD compile)

 --- Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> escribió:
> On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 17:06 +0100, Vivien Malerba
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:54:39 +0100,
> ALVAROPG telefonica net
> > <ALVAROPG telefonica net> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > >    Working with the GnomeDbGrid, I have found
> some bugs, when a new row
> > > is inserted, GdaDataModel emits the
> "row_inserted" signal, but
> > > GdaDataModel is a "interface", implemented by
> GdaDataModelArray, for
> > > example, and this array model emits the signal
> too. Then the GnomeDbGrid
> > > show 2 new rows.
> > >
> > >    And When a row is removed, the
> GdaDataModelArray don't renumber the
> > > rows, like GnomeDbGrid with the DataModelInfo
> list.
> > >
> > >    I attach the patches. I'm working with the
> 1.2 release, the HEAD
> > > sources don't compile.
> > >
> > >    buff, sorry for my english.
> > >
> > > regards, apg
> > >

> > Thanks for the bug report. However I've re-written
> the GnomeDbGrid
> > widget and the code is now completely different
> (I'll commit my
> > changes soon). I'll make sure this bug is not
> present in the new
> > implementation.
> >
> however, these patches can be committed to the
> release-1-2-branch, for
> the next 1.2.x release.
> --
> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>

=====

Trabajar es la mejor arma para tu superación.