Re: [gnome-db] dynamic sqlite library & berkeley db lookups

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 17:52 -0400, Mark Drago wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I'm writing a web proxy that uses GLib and GNet.  I had been directly
> interfacing with sqlite3, but it looks like I'm going to have to support
> other database systems as well.  GDA seems like a great choice
> considering I'm using so many other Gnome libraries.

What I'm ready to say is moot no doubt, but with this pair - GLib and
GNet - you're using no Gnome library.

Don't be misleaded by the "G", it's not "Gnome" but "Gimp".

GLib is the Gimp C library implementation - such as GTK is the "Gimp
Tool Kit" - and GNet is a GLib based - not Gnome based - network
implementation.

Even GDA is not bound to Gnome.

Gnome is based on GLib and GTK, not the other way around.

Cheers.
--
Iago Rubio