Re: [gnome-db] Mergeant in UBuntu hoary

On 4/28/05, Andrea Bersi <abmcr libero it> wrote:
> I have installed Mergeant fron Synaptic tool. The software is lanched
> correctly but i have one only possibilities to choose the database, as
> xml file. What i do? Ciao and thank you

You need to install the database provider for your database (a
provider is basically the glue code between a database specific API
and libfda's API). They are part of libgda, but I don't know Ubuntu's
specific package name.

Of course this assumes you have a database server up and running on
which there is a database you want to work with. If this is not the
case you must install one (Postgres works best for now).

Which versions of libgda/libgnomedb and mergeant is that?