Re: [gnome-db] mergeant, libgda and oracle

On 4/15/05, Rick Marsico <rick cc ysu edu> wrote:

> I've now upgraded to libgda 1.2.1 and mergeant 0.52 and I am unable to
> realize any useful functionality with mergeant in relationship to an Oracle
> 9i database.  Many errors are displayed upon connecting and only three of
> several tables appear on the workspace.  Is mergeant not usable with a 9i
> database?   Which db environments work well with mergeant?

For the versions of the libraries and mergeant you have, the only
well-working DBMS is PostgreSQL.

I'm at the moment putting much effort in making Mergeant work nicely
with PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQlite and Oracle. This is all in CVS (HEAD).
Much work has already been done, and some is still required.

For Oracle, I've just started to improve the provider so nothing is
currently in CVS, but this is the next task on my TODO list.

Regards,