Re: [gnome-db] Connection errors

Rodrigo Moya wrote:

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 16:01 +1200, Dru wrote:
Rodrigo Moya wrote:

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 23:12 +1200, Dru wrote:

If a connection fails to create with gda_client_open_connection and returns null, how can you get an error string describing the problem with the connection? From my understanding you need a valid connection to retrieve errors.

in that case, you need to attach to the "notify_event" signal on the
GdaClient. Once you get the GdaConnection, you can use
gda_connection_get_errors to get the errors.

So if connection is unsuccessful you still get a returned GdaConnection* so you can then retrieve errors of that.

no, if there's an error, you get a NULL GdaConnection. So to get the
errors while trying to connect, you need to connect to the
"notify_event" signal on the GdaClient.
gda_client_notify_event requires a GdaConnection* so its confusing me. Do you know of an application that uses this so i can download the source and see how its done?