Re: [gnome-db] Patch Postgres provider.
- From: Alan Knowles <alan akbkhome com>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: GDA <gnome-db-list gnome org>, Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com>
- Subject: Re: [gnome-db] Patch Postgres provider.
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:24:07 +0800
All databases quote identifiers like this, some databases use ", mysql
uses ` (backquote)... cant remember what the databases use. - is it
possible to add a method to query the driver for this quote character?
Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 16:52 +1000, Bas Driessen wrote:
Anyway, when using gda_data_model_append_row and a column name is a
reserved name like "desc" or "typeid", the INSERT query is
unsuccessful and returns an error. What this patch does is place "
arround the column names. So:
INSERT INTO parts(part_id, desc, price) VALUES (123, 'Test', 12.34)
INSERT INTO parts("part_id", "desc", "price") VALUES (123, 'Test',
and all works fine.
Sure, it is probably not a good idea to use reserved names for column
names, but people will be using them not knowing that some names are
patch applied, thanks
] [Thread Prev