Re: [gnome-db] Patch Postgres provider.

 --- Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com> escribió:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:00:11 +1000, Bas Driessen
> <bas driessen xobas com> wrote:
> >  On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 18:53, Vivien Malerba
> wrote:
> >

> >  On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:52:30 +1000, Bas Driessen
> <bas driessen xobas com>
> > wrote: > Hello, > > Attached a patch for the
> postgres provider. I can't find
> > any "patch > instructions" on your web pages, so
> not sure about the
> > procedure, so please > advise if it is not conform
> the rules. > > Anyway,
> > when using gda_data_model_append_row and a column
> name is a > reserved name
> > like "desc" or "typeid", the INSERT query is
> unsuccessful and > returns an
> > error. What this patch does is place " arround the
> column names. > So: > >
> > INSERT INTO parts(part_id, desc, price) VALUES
> (123, 'Test', 12.34) > >
> > becomes > > INSERT INTO parts("part_id", "desc",
> "price") VALUES (123,
> > 'Test', 12.34) > > and all works fine. > > Sure,
> it is probably not a good
> > idea to use reserved names for column > names, but
> people will be using them
> > not knowing that some names are > special. > >
> Thanks, > Bas. > Seems ok for
> > me; I'll commit it to CVS soon. Vivien
> >  Thanks Vivien, I noticed that the problem is in
> the
> > gda_data_model_update_row area as well. Attached
> another patch file, that
> > should be applied after the previous one. However,
> there is a small problem
> > and I don't have enough understanding of
> g_strdup_printf to resolve it, so
> > hope you (or anyone else) can help.
> >
> >  This is the solution we need:
> >
> >  tmp = g_strdup_printf ("\"%s\" = '%s', ",
> >
> column_name,
> >
> newval);
> >
> >  However, g_strdup_printf does not allow to have
> \" as the first character
> > and the function gda_data_model_update_row fails
> with a segmentation fault.
> > I can change \" to any other character, put
> another character in front of it
> > (except space, tab etc) or leave it out and it
> works, but as soon as the
> > first char is \" it fails. Why??
> >
> >  If you have seen this before and if there is a
> very simple solution to
> > this, please advise. Otherwise we have to
> "re-wire" this function a bit.
> >

> I'll try to have a look at that problem...
>
> Thanks for the patch,
>
> Vivien

Which version of glib do you have?

This is becouse I have a program tested with gnome-db
1.1.99 with the following lines:

str = g_strdup_printf("Sel: %i; Texto:\"%s\"",
gtk_combo_box_get_active(combo),gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY
(GTK_BIN (combo)->child)));

gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry),str);

And as you see I using \" to have a string between "",
and it works with out problem.

=====

Trabajar es la mejor arma para tu superación.